We describe many of our best-selling bedding items and pajamas as "moisture-wicking" here at Cool-jams™, but many people don't know exactly what this means. While it's obvious that moisture-wicking fabrics help to control sweat and moisture, it's not exactly well-known how these materials work. Here's everything that you need to know about moisture-wicking fabrics and the ways that they can benefit your sleep quality.
- The phrase "moisture-wicking" refers to the way the fabric is formulated specially to pull sweat away from the skin.
- Unlike traditional fabrics, which trap sweat between the skin and your clothing and cause you to feel hot and uncomfortable, moisture-wicking fabrics absorb the sweat away from your skin.
- In addition to pulling sweat away from your skin, moisture-wicking fabrics also allow sweat to evaporate more quickly from the surface of the fabric than traditional fabrics do.
- While moisture-wicking fabrics are common in workout clothing, they're also used in many pajamas, such as the ones from Cool-jams, as well as business casual clothing for people in hot climates.
- Moisture-wicking fabrics are just as beneficial in very cold weather as they are in very hot weather. If you exercise outdoors during the cold winter months, moisture-wicking fabrics prevent hypothermia by allowing sweat to evaporate off of the skin before it freezes or becomes extremely cold.
- Most moisture-wicking fabrics are made of polyester or rayon materials that have hydrophobic qualities, which mean that the fabrics are resistant to water due to their wicking technologies.
- Aside from exercise, moisture-wicking clothing is also very beneficial when it comes to sleeping. If you suffer from hot flashes or night sweats, wearing moisture-wicking pajamas can help you to stay cool and dry and improve your quality of sleep.
- The other important factor in a wicking fabric is its ability to dry rapidly. An effective wicking fabric should not only draw heat and moisture away from the body, but also dry quickly so the wearer never feels the dampness of the fabric.
- Moisture-wicking materials are used in sleepwear to keep you cool and dry and also used in our bamboo bedding in order to cool off your bed and prevent sweat from absorbing into your sheets and mattress. Cool-jams bamboo bedding products use the natural wicking ability of bamboo throughout all of our bamboo bedding collection.