Bamboo is one of the hottest trends in bedding right now. While it's certainly stylish, the reasons for its popularity have more to do with the many great benefits bamboo bedding offers when it comes to sleeping comfortably. Learn more about why bamboo sheets
are special and decide if they're the right choice for your bed.
Bamboo Fabric Facts & Features
Unlike what many people think, bamboo is a grass, not a tree. It grows incredibly fast (up to 3 feet per day). Plus, bamboo releases 35 percent more oxygen and takes in five times the volume of greenhouse gases compared to timber trees. Despite being soft, bamboo fibers are also quite strong. Here are some of the unique benefits of bamboo bedding:
- Hypoallergenic: Bamboo bedding is all natural and includes no harsh chemicals, so it's a great hypoallergenic bedding option for sufferers of allergies. Allergy bedding can help create a barrier between your skin and the mattress, which may be trapped with dust mites and microscopic particles that trigger your allergies.
- Temperature-Regulating: Bamboo is highly breathable and lightweight, so it's a good choice for those looking for high-quality cooling bedding. Temperature-regulating sheets can help keep the body cool during high-temperature nights or while you experience night sweats, while providing you with extra warmth when temps become cooler.
- Moisture-Wicking: Bamboo fibers naturally wick moisture away from the body. This is especially useful for those experiencing night sweats or who tend to wake up covered in sweat. Unlike traditional fabrics, bamboo will dry fast and help ensure that you don't wake up in a pool of sweat.
- Odor-Resistant: Bamboo contains a natural antimicrobial agent that resists mildew and odors. When your body sweats, it introduces odor-causing bacteria into your clothing and bedding. Bamboo bedding can help deter this while you sleep.
- Eco-Friendly: Because it's easy to grow and thrives without any fertilizers or pesticides, bamboo is a sustainable bedding choice. In fact, bamboo is considered one of the most sustainable wood sources, and can be harvested and regrown very quickly, making it an exceptionally environmentally friendly choice.
Because of the benefits listed above, bamboo bedding is great for anyone who has allergies, is concerned about environmental impact or suffers from hot flashes or night sweats. As one of the most innovative makers of high-tech cooling bedding, Cool-jams™ highly recommends investing in bamboo sheets, pillow cases and throw blankets made with this comfy, cooling material if you're suffering from menopause and other conditions that may trigger night sweats or hot flashes. Bamboo blankets, like our Cool Rayon From Bamboo Blanket, are also a good pick for those who feel cool before bedtime but tend to heat up in the middle of the night.
The Feel of Bamboo Bedding
Although bamboo is a durable wood that's used in everything from hardwood flooring to decking, it's actually remarkably soft and comfortable to the touch. When used in bedding, bamboo is processed into a highly breathable yet luxurious fabric that feels great on the skin. In fact, our bamboo sheets are made using 100 percent bamboo rayon, ensuring a silky smooth feel. We compare the feel of our bamboo sheets to silky-soft cashmere! And the best part is, it'll continue to get softer with every wash. We've designed our rayon bamboo bedding to be non-abrasive so that it won't irritate even the most sensitive skin.
Bamboo Bedding Care
Another great benefit of bamboo bedding is that it's machine-washable. Just wash in warm water and dry on low to medium. You don't need bleach, fabric softener, dryer sheets or dryer balls - a more natural cleaning process is best for these natural fibers. Plus, bamboo bedding actually gets softer as you wash it.
Bamboo Bedding Products
Cool-jams™ has a number of great bamboo bedding options, including:
Bamboo bedding is a great choice for just about anyone. If you want comfortable, cool and eco-friendly bedding in your home, check out Cool-jams™ array of rayon from bamboo products.