It's no surprise that getting a good night's rest is vital to your overall health and well-being. You've heard it from your doctor, read it in magazines and hear it in countless ads for sleep remedies. Now you're left wondering, what is quality sleep? According to the National Sleep Foundation, adults should aim for seven to nine hours of sleep-each night. Experts stress that every individual is different and some do well sleeping eight consecutive hours, while others are fine sleeping seven hours and napping during the day.
The following is a good gauge for testing whether you're getting quality sleep. Ask yourself the following:
- Am I able to fall asleep within 15-20 minutes of lying down?
- Do I regularly sleep a total of seven to nine hours in a 24-hour period?
- Is my sleep continuous throughout the night?
- Do I wake up feeling refreshed and rested?
- Do I feel alert throughout the day and am able to concentrate and be productive?
- Can my partner attest to my being able to sleep undisturbed-such as no snoring, pauses in breathing or restlessness?
If you said yes to these questions, that's good news! You're getting quality sleep. If you said no to some of all of these questions, it's important to find the underlying cause and get the proper treatment. For example, if you snore and wake up gasping for air, you may suffer from sleep apnea. Your doctor may have you undergo a sleep study test. If you wake up repeatedly throughout the night due to night sweats, this may be a symptom of menopause or a side effect of other medical conditions. To help alleviate uncomfortable overheating and nighttime sweating, temperature regulating bedding and moisture-wicking sleepwear can help tremendously.
Cool-jams'™ bedding is made using innovative temperature regulating technology to balance the temperature under the sheets by absorbing heat when it gets too warm and releasing it back when you're cold. Our cooling sleepwear is made from fabric that absorbs and wicks moisture away from the body to keep you cooler and drier.