Finding ways to combat your night sweats is essential to have a comfortable, cool night of sleep. One of the easiest ways to do this is to be intentional about the type of sheets you choose to put on your bed at night time. When selecting an ideal set of sheets, you’ll need to look for fabrics that are absorbent, moisture-wicking, lightweight, and breathable.
First, you’ll need to take the time to pick the correct type of weave or fabric to help draw moisture away from the body and prevent overheating. This should include:
- Bamboo: Using bamboo sheets helps regulate your bed's temperature, which helps to assist with night sweats and nighttime temperature fluctuations.
- Lyocel Tencel: Using Lyocel Tencel sheets helps to wick away moisture efficiently while absorbing any sweat that may occur during the middle of the night. Plus, they’re made from Eucalyptus and created to be completely sustainable.
- Cotton: Due to a looser weave that occurs in cotton, it’s less likely to retain heat and help create a breathable environment that regulates temperature. Using cotton blend sheets is a great idea to fight night sweats.
Besides the materials, there are a few other factors you need to consider when trying to find the best sheets for your night sweats:
- Thread Count: While you might believe that a higher thread count means that it’s a higher quality, this is not necessarily true. Sometimes a higher thread count can make fabrics less breathable, leading to a heavier feeling fabric. Instead of considering thread count, think about the quality of the material.
- Cooling Technology: Choosing the best cooling technology for your sheets can help draw heat away from the body. Find sheet sets that have high-quality materials and use cooling technology to maintain consistent body temperature.
Remember that choosing the best sheets for night sweats can sometimes only be part of the problem. If you still can’t figure out why night sweats are occurring, it might be a good idea to contact a doctor to figure out if there is any other reason why you’re unable to control your night sweats.