While you frequently change out your socks, your bath towels, and maybe even your shower curtain liner, chances are, you probably don’t change your bedding nearly enough. Most people probably can’t even remember the last time that they purchased new sheets or pillows, and even if you wash these items frequently, they may be ruining your quality of sleep. Luckily, the sleep experts at Cool-jams™ know all there is to know about buying new bedding — including when it’s time to do so! Here are some easy ways to tell when it’s time to replace your bedding or pillows.
- Switch them out. If you’re not quite at the time when you need to buy new bedding, an easy way to prolong the life of your current sheets is by switching them out with another pair. It’s always a good idea to have two or three sets of sheets so that when one set is being washed, you can use the other set. If you find a style that you like, just buy duplicates!
- Inspect your current set. If you’ve been using your current sheet set for a while now, it may be time for an inspection. Look at each sheet closely, checking them for any holes or worn patches. Small holes can easily be patched with a needle and thread, but larger, worn out areas may mean that it’s time for a new set. If your sheets are faded, this is another sign that you should invest in some new bedding.
- Check out your blanket or comforter. Check your top layer of bedding for any lumps or particularly flat areas. When the stuffing inside of blankets goes flat, it means it’s time for a new one.
- Check out the pillows. The same test goes for your pillows: simply give each one a good fluffing, and if it doesn’t perk up to a nice, tall cushion, you’ll want to buy a new one.
- Consider your sleep quality. Even if your bedding isn’t particularly worn out, it still may need replacing if it doesn’t give you what you need. If you notice that you’re struggling with night sweats or hot flashes while sleeping, you may want to check out Cool-jams™ cooling bedding.