5 Key Facts About Menopause
- Two million women turn 50 each year. There are 75 million baby boomers and half are women.
- Over half of all women going through menopause report having night sweats and hot flashes.
- Hormonal fluctuations during perimenopause and menopause are the primary cause of night sweats and hot flashes.
- The average age of menopause is 51 years. The normal age range is 45 to 55.
- An "early menopause" is defined as the last period occurring between the age of 40 to 45. A "late" menopause is defined as a women's final period occurring between the ages of 55 to 60.