7 Natural Benefits of Bamboo Bedding
The world of cooling bedding is always changing and advancing, and the latest addition to the mix is bamboo bedding. This unique, all-natural type of bedding is made with fabric woven from real bamboo, and while it may sound strange, it creates a very soft, silky feeling that is also great at absorbing sweat and regulating body temperature while you sleep. Here are just a few of the most important natural benefits of bamboo bedding.
- Because bamboo is harvested in a way that it grows back immediately after harvesting, it is a much more renewable resource than other types of fabrics.
- Bamboo is very durable, which gives it added reinforcement when its fibers are woven together. This means that your bamboo sheets will last for years to come.
- If you’re concerned with the softness of your sheets, you’ll love the silky feeling that bamboo provides. They’re just as soft to the touch as any cotton sheets.
- Bamboo is a very breathable material, which means that it’s perfect for people who struggle with hot flashes or other temperature issues. The thermo-regulating properties are naturally embedded in the fabric, making them a much more natural alternative to other temperature regulating bedding.
- While many people switch out heavier sheets to thinner sheets in the summer and vice versa, you won’t have to do that with bamboo sheets. Bamboo is breathable enough that it keeps you cool in the summer, but its tightly woven fibers will also keep you warm in the winter.
- For those with sensitive skin or allergies, bamboo is naturally hypoallergenic, antimicrobial and antibacterial.
- Best of all, bamboo is a very inexpensive alternative to high-end cotton sheets. For the same price as a mid-level cotton sheet set, you can purchase a set of very high quality, temperature-regulating bamboo sheets.