If you're looking for a way to use up all that zucchini from the garden, here is a great recipe for Zucchini Crab Cakes without the crab.
- 2 1/2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning TM
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil for frying
- In a large bowl, combine zucchini, egg, and butter or margarine. Stir in seasoned crumbs, minced onion, and seasoning. Mix well.
- Shape mixture into patties. Dredge in flour.
- In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium high heat until hot. Fry patties in oil until golden brown on both sides.