These roasted veges are simply delicious. Roasting really brings out the earthy flavors of these beets, potatoes, parsnips, turnips, and rutabaga. A bit of vinegar and goat cheese add just the right amount of zing. Enjoy one of our Cool-jams favorites!
4 beets, peeled and cut into
2 new potatoes, peeled and cut into
3/4 -inch cubes
2 parsnips, peeled and cut into 3/4-inchcubes
2 turnips, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
1 rutabaga, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt and ground black pepper to taste
1/3 cup vegetable broth
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 pinch Italian seasoning, or to taste (optional)
1 (4 ounce) package goat cheese,crumbled
1. Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
2. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
3. Toss beets, potatoes, parsnips, turnips, and rutabaga with olive oil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
4. Spread seasoned vegetables over prepared baking dish.
5. Roast vegetables in the preheated oven until beets are easily pierced with a fork, about 40 minutes.
6. Stir vegetable broth, balsamic vinegar, and Italian seasoning together in a small bowl.
7. Pour broth mixture over vegetables and continue roasting until liquid has evaporated, about 10 minutes more.
8. Transfer roasted vegetables to a bowl and toss with goat cheese.