Always a crowd-pleaser, our favorite Cool-jams
lasagna recipe with mozzarella, ricotta, and Parmesan cheeses, sweet Italian sausage, spinach, and a homemade tomato sauce. Serve with garlic bread and a green salad. You'll have them coming back for more and more!
12 uncooked lasagna noodles
1 pound sweet Italian sausage
2/3 cup chopped onions
1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
2/3 cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
3 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
2 cups water
1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
1 pound part-skim ricotta cheese
1 (10 ounce) package chopped spinach,
thawed and squeeze dried
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 teaspoons garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add lasagna noodles and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
3. In skillet over medium heat, brown the sausage with the onions, garlic and 1/2 the parsley; drain excess fat. Add tomato paste, tomato sauce, water, Italian seasoning, oregano, and basil; mix well. Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes; stirring occasionally.
4. In a bowl, combine remaining parsley and ricotta, spinach, Parmesan, eggs, garlic salt, and pepper; mix well.
5. Spread 2 cups sauce in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Begin layering with 4 noodles, 1/2 cheese mix, 1/3 remaining sauce, and 1 cup mozzarella. Repeat this layer again; the last layer will be noodles, sauce and mozzarella cheese. Cover pan with aluminum foil.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Remove the foil; bake, uncovered, an additional 10 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and starting to brown. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.